Spanlib is a python and fortran95 library that provides tools for performing some spectral analyses, including PCA, MSSA, joint SVD.
- PCA for extracting dominant spatial pattern of variability.
- SSA/MSSA which is like PCA but for extracting spatio-temporal patterns.
- Joined SVD which is like PCA but for extracting the common variability of two variables (using cross-covariances).
- SVD model deduce a predictand from a predictor using SVD.
- Full missing value support.
- Switch of space and time for PCA analyses performed on a large number of channels.
- For analysis, empirical orthogonal functions (EOFs), principal componants (PCs), expansion coefficient (ECs) and reconstructions of signal are available.
- Analyses can be performed on several variables at the same time, with normalisation coefficents [python].
- Pre-PCA analysis to reduct the d-o-f before analysing huge datasets with MSSA or SVD.
- Monte-Carlo test for (M)SSA (MC-SSA).
- Full CDAT support [python].